Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Get Kids Crafty in January - BLOG HOP

Hi Crafters!

I have a wonderful Valentine's Day card that I made with my daughter. We made it for the #getkidscrafty blog hop.

Emalee LOVES the color purple and I share that love with her. It is almost an obsession. Whenever I come home with something from the store, of course purple, she makes me promise to share when she gets older. I always make that promise.

So naturally when we talked about making Valentine's cards, purple was a must. I also wanted to try a new MFT die that I got during the Black Friday 2017 SALE. It was the Die-Namics Flop Card - Rectangle. Emalee also gave one last request of rainbows and unicorns (both from stamp sets by Strawberry Jude Stamps). It all started coming together from there.

It was tons of fun working with her and to see her excitement. She loves using my stamping stuff. We pulled out the Misti and started working on the horse that would ultimately become a unicorn. We stamped it together (6x even though we only needed one, when I use my SNC I cut way more then needed because the girls love to color extras).

After cutting them with the SNC, we pulled out the beloved bog shot and cut grass, and the flop card parts. I grabbed our sentiments hot off the printer and die cut them out as well. We talked about blending and why less color is more sometimes. I was able to guide her hand while we blended the grass and sky colors.

At this point we pulled out the glue and put some of the parts together. All we had left was to color it. She picked out all the colors and helped color (I helped clean up the coloring and added a unicorn horn). Some foam tape popped up the unicorn and we were done. It was fun!

This time that I have with my kids is so special. I think it is important to work with them and help them to develop their artistic abilities. If you have moments to share, join us with #getkidscrafty We have a Facebook page and Instagram account.

Today's hop (1/20/18) has a fun list of crafters with their kids and ends with a prize package. Make sure to hop on down the line:
                                 Acute Stamper <-- YOU ARE HERE
Faith Dream Create 

Make sure you visit each of us involved in the hop. I mentioned the prize package, to enter: showcasing you children's projects on social media using #getkidscrafty and we'll announce the winners in our next month's blog post.



Images must be shared publically on FB and/or IG to be eligible, pictures of their child's work, not their children are required. Bonus points if they are in our group and share there, Get Kids Crafty!












3 comments:

  1. love this! sounds like you had lots of fun and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Love how you transformed a horse into a unicorn... great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Stamping:

Get Kids Crafty in January - BLOG HOP